Welcome to our practice
We understand that the need to see us is usually in a time of discomfort or distress. We would like to familiarize you with our new patient process so you know what to expect in the days ahead.
Familiarize yourself with our process and learn what to expect upon first visit.
REFERRAL PROCESS - Our office works on a referral basis. To be seen in our office, you must be referred from a medical provider. This usually occurs through your primary care physician, though some referrals come from the hospital as well.
- REVIEW RECORDS - Once you have been referred to our office, the standard procedure is for our physicians to review your records and make a decision whether or not they think our office will be able to help your current condition. Sometimes it is determined that the reason for referral is not something we can treat, either it is not a surgical issue or not in the scope of our practice. Once our physicians make this determination, our office staff will let your referring provider know of their decision.
- APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING - When you are deemed to be potentially helped by our services, our staff will then schedule your appointment. Please be aware, as a surgical practice, our physicians typically only see patients in the office on certain days of the week. This may limit our ability to accommodate some schedules. Once your appointment has been scheduled and you have been notified of the appointment date and time, you will be sent a new patient packet. This packet includes forms for you to fill out and return in a postage-paid envelope, time allowing, or bring with you to your appointment. In order to make the best use of your time in the office, we ask that you please fill out this form completely prior to coming into the office.
- PARKING INFORMATION - Our Downtown Spokane location is in the Sacred Heart Doctor's Building. There is a parking garage for patient use, but please be aware there is a fee to park. The maximum fee is $3 and they only accept cash. When you park in the parking garage, it is easiest to take the main elevators (the west tower elevators) to the first floor and then walk past the information desk to the center tower elevators and up to the second floor. There is also metered street parking along Rockwood Boulevard to our south, but it is a bit of a walk to our office.
- POTENTIAL WAIT TIMES - At Inland Neurosurgery and Spine, we strive to offer the best service to our patients in a genuine and compassionate way. Due to the nature of our services, you may encounter extended wait times that are beyond our control. Our physicians take emergency call and may be pulled away from the office from time to time. We do our best to coordinate the physician's call schedule with our office schedule to reduce wait times. Please also understand that if a physician gets pulled away to an emergency, it may be necessary to reschedule your visit or be seen by a mid-level provider.
- COPAYMENTS - Co-pays are due at the time of service and can be taken in the form of cash, check, or credit/debit card.
WHAT TO BRING - Please be sure to bring the following items to your visit:
- Photo ID and insurance card
- Referral from your primary care physician (if required by your insurance plan)
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Completed New Patient Packet, if you did not mail it in prior to your appointment